Life isn't about getting to the destination

--it's about the journey. So don't think that you have to rush to get to the destination. The destination isn't important; the journey is the important part, what you take time for, what you learn and experience along the way. The journey is also where you find Me and where you learn about Me. That's what life is about, and if you don't take the time to get to know Me, then you will miss the meaning of the whole trip.

23.9.08

Can you overthrow your thoughts?

I live with someone who is as ornery as can be. There are days when I try to avoid being in the same room, to avoid their sharp tongue.

This is a good reminder for me to "Think on these things"











Thoughts
Virginia Brandt Berg
"I just cannot overcome my bad thoughts," a woman wrote me, asking for advice. "As you may remember, I wrote you before about someone near to me who is very spiteful and says such unkind things, and I told you that I had overcome my urge to say anything back. I have been able to control my tongue, but I haven't changed my thinking any. I may have self-control outwardly, but I'm seething on the inside."

Click here to read more.

2 comments:

Babylove said...

Hey, just a guess but are you nursing in this pic?

Kari said...

Heh, good question. My first reply would be "no, just glaring at the screen" but a closer look reveals the rumpled shirt, and dark blur near the bottom of the frame. It looks like it doesn't it?

 
template by suckmylolly.com